How Good is the Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage?
If you’re looking for a new Chevrolet vehicle with great fuel economy ratings, the 2022 Chevy Equinox does not disappoint. You can expect the latest Chevy Equinox’s MPG ratings to reach up to 26 MPG city/31 MPG highway on the entry-level configuration. Find out more about the 2022 Chevy Equinox’s gas mileage and fuel efficiency across both configurations with the experts at Bennett Chevrolet below!
2022 Chevy Equinox Engine Specs
The newest Chevy Equinox MPG ratings are so impressive due to the Turbo-powered engine under the hood. Even though the 2022 Chevy Equinox only offers Ocean City drivers one engine option, it certainly doesn’t skimp on performance power. Take a look at the engine specs you can expect when you get behind the wheel of this capable compact SUV:
1.5L Turbo 4-Cylinder Engine
- 203 lb-ft of Torque
- 170 hp
- Maximum Towing Capacity of 1,500 Pounds
2022 Chevy Equinox Fuel Economy Per Drivetrain
As mentioned above, the Chevrolet Equinox only comes with one engine. As a result, the deciding factor for your Chevy Equinox’s fuel economy ratings is whether you opt for FWD (front-wheel-drive) or AWD (all-wheel-drive). Explore the Chevy Equinox MPG ratings for both below:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 MPG city/30 MPG highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 MPG city/31 MPG highway
2022 Chevy Equinox Fuel-Efficiency Technology
While the Turbo-charged engine is a substantial factor in the impressive Chevy Equinox gas mileage output, the fuel-saving features available on this year’s model also make quite a difference. Take advantage of the following eco-friendly technology systems when you invest in a 2022 Chevy Equinox:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Did you know that when one or more of your tires has too much or too little air, it can affect your fuel economy? The Equinox is standard-equipped with a TPMS that will tell you when your tire pressure is off, so you can rest assured you’re always traveling with a good grip on the road and not needlessly wasting fuel.
- Automatic Stop/Start: When you come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake pedal, under certain conditions, the Equinox engine will shut off to save fuel. When you remove your foot from the brake, the engine automatically and instantaneously restarts. You’d be surprised by how much gas can be saved at long traffic lights with this standard feature! If you ever wish to turn off Automatic Stop/Start, it can be done by pressing the designated disable switch. At the beginning of the next ignition cycle, it’ll automatically turn on again.
Take Advantage of the New Chevy Equinox MPG Ratings Today!
If you’re ready to save gas with the phenomenal 2022 Chevy Equinox fuel economy ratings, we encourage you to reach out to us at Bennett Chevrolet today! We can schedule a test drive of your preferred model, so you can get a feel for the interior cabin features and how this compact SUV handles on the road. However, if you’re ready to get the financing process started, our team members are ready to help you get pre-approved for an auto loan as well!
More from Bennett Chevrolet
For drivers in Ocean City and Mays Landing seeking a touch of individuality in their pickup trucks, the 2023 Chevrolet Silverado Special Editions offer a collection of remarkable options. From the mystic Silverado Midnight Edition to the hard-working Carhartt Edition Silverado, these special editions Chevrolet Silverado models provide a distinctive mix of style and substance that…
Do you know what we like the best about the new Equinox? The beautiful and feature-packed interior. The 2023 Chevy Equinox dimensions are incredibly roomy and the seats are exceptionally comfortable. The 2023 Chevy Equinox seating capacity can accommodate five passengers, who will all have plenty of room to stretch out. In other words, driving…
If you’re looking for a fuel-efficient new Chevrolet vehicle for your daily Ocean City drives, the latest Chevy Equinox is a great option. Does a Chevy Equinox get good gas mileage? We here at Bennett Chevrolet certainly think so. The 2022 Chevy Equinox mpg reaches up to 26 mpg City/31 mpg Highway on the entry-level configuration. However,…